Diviande BV’s policy is aimed at producing meat products in a safe, reliable, sustainable and responsible way. People, the environment, and animal welfare are all key concerns of ours. The company and its employees believe it is important to create a better world and do their part toward achieving this. This intrinsic motivation means that people, the environment and animal welfare always come first at Diviande.
We strive to be a good employer. Our employees are extremely important to us, which is why we invest in training, safe working conditions and the physical and mental well-being of our staff. We also work to maintain good conduct and try to minimise work-related pressure.
Our goal is to provide an inspiring, challenging and safe working environment. We want to be an organisation that has a good reputation as an employer and that people are proud to work for.
We have the ambition to ensure our products are produced as responsibly as possible, which is why the environment, animal welfare and the end consumer are top priorities for us. We start by paying attention to where our products come from, making sure our suppliers maintain strict animal welfare standards and good working conditions. Consumer confidence is also part of providing a responsible product, which is why we have a transparent labelling system.
We do our best to minimise the negative impact our production activities and business operations have on the environment. We do so in various ways, e.g. by separating waste flows. We also strive to reduce the amount of waste we produce throughout the production chain.
Diviande’s approach to environmental issues is set out in our ‘Environmental Monitoring’ procedure. The measurements, recordings and failures that come with this procedure are discussed with and explained to every company employee. Our annual internal environmental audit is a key instrument for assessing our efforts.
When purchasing raw commodities, packaging materials, production resources and services, we ensure the three Ps (people, planet and profit) are weighed against one another and balanced accordingly. And while we continue to actively seek out this balance, we consider it essential to work with people and companies that embrace a sense of responsibility toward other people, the environment and society and act accordingly.
We reduce our impact on the environment by:
- Using the most efficient refrigerant on the market (NH3) and extra-thick insulation walls for our refrigeration and freezer units;
- Using a heat recovery installation;
- Fitting the production facility with LED lighting;
- Avoiding using paper, e.g. by digitising our administrative processes and production information;
- Managing logistical aspects as a means of reducing the amount of kilometres over which products are transported to and from the facility. We are also switching to electric/hybrid company cars;
- Encouraging employees to use bicycles, carpool options and electric vehicles when commuting to and from work;
- Encouraging colleagues to do their bit, e.g. by turning off equipment when not in use.
A challenge that needs a specific solution?
Contact us for options!